Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Why we blog...

He says...


The Rocker's blog has been bouncing around, perhaps slowly assuming some common themes. We look around us and we see so many couples where the fire has gone out. The interest in each other has all but died, and with it the acknowledgement of themselves as sexual beings. At best, we see couples settling into a kind of passionless pragmatic coexistence of convenience. And we look at this and we question why couples are like that and why we are different and what did we do differently to be highly sexed and into each other in a very big way? So I guess, some of what we post relates to how we keep the Vixen's flames fanned and the Lion roaring.

We think that maybe we have something to say that may be important. We think that maybe if even one young couple read the bits of the blog and question where they are going in this life with each other they may be aware of the creeping lethargy, indifference and loss of passion and do something about it before its too late.

I don't enjoy blogging as much as I do examining the world of sexual politics from an oblique angle and deriving alternative viewpoints that sound like they've been fermented by a rabid feminist on a crusade to win back sexual rights and power, rather than a beer-swilling, testosterone-charged man such as myself. I've always suspected that I think a little differently to many, if not most men. My relationship quest has always been to find a way to live unselfishly, but in a way that still stokes the testosterone which defines me as healthily libidinous male. And I think I found that path to tread and its worked out well and results in me getting lots of great sex. Maybe what this blog is about too- thumbing my nose at my own ego, and encouraging other men to do so too. Learning how to wear it lightly and keep it where it doesn't detract from other people's quality-of-life and in so doing, even in a paradoxically selfish kind of way, maximises the pleasure of the male existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment