Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Why horses and jeans are better than men

 He says...

A known fact, I heard it somewhere and I'm blogging it so it must be true- the average woman in the world today has a longer and more fulfilling relationship with her favourite pair of jeans than she does any man in her life. Sad as it is, I LOVE that statistic, it says so much about the world today. It seems ridiculous at first, but think about it. Think about the divorce rate. Think of how quickly after marriage divorces are happening these days. Think about marriages that survive but become passionless. Now think about your favourite pair of jeans currently in your wardrobe. Think about how they are always there for you and never let you down. Think about how long you've had them and how much longer you intend to keep them, think about how sad it's going to be when they are too tatty to wear and you have to throw them out. Sigh if only you could do the same with men that become tatty! Or cut their legs off to give them another lease on life.

There is a new girl working on Mr Rockers floor... A young girl, early twenties, not unattractive. She is the new receptionist working in Mrs Rockers part of the business.  I've blogged here about how I don't suffer from the sad affliction of lusting after younger girls when arriving at the princely age of 40. There's no exception here, even if I were a bit more typical, there's not a great deal to lust after in the conventional sense. But you see, I'm interested. I'm interested in how women move and carry themselves and what that belies about their life story. How do they feel about themselves? How do they feel about men? Are they interested in sex? Are they comfortable in their own skin? Are they carrying a sadness and do they bear some scars? Do they perceive themselves as being a victim of circumstance? Are they a victim of circumstance? While most men are assessing tits and ass, this is the check list I'm working through. Well maybe subconsciously I work through the T&A check list first.

From the moment I saw this girl it was obvious that she carried a sadness that permeates so screamingly loud into her demeanour- Don't look at me, don't talk to me, don't try to be kind to me, don't try to be my friend. Just a grey, passionless existence. But then I saw she has a tattoo. There's a glimmer of something here!

I don't understand tattoos, I don't have a firm opinion of about what it says about a woman who has one or some. Same goes for piercings. I'm not yet aware of a stereotypical pigeon hole that you can place a woman into if she has a tattoo or piercing. But for me, a tattoo at the very least says that the owner is, or at some stage was passionate enough about something to adorn herself with a picture or a word.

It turns out, she has her horse's name tattooed onto her wrist. So here is a girl that carries herself with a prickly “don't come near me” demeanour, with her horse's name tatooed on her wrist. She look and interacts with humans through sad glazed eyes, but loves her horse dearly.

People are free to love whoever/whatever they like. It saddens me though that humans in general and probably men in particular can be so hateful so as to crush a human spirit so early in somebody's life making equine solace preferable to the solace and love one can get from one's own species, as I suspect may be the case here.

Oh, and she comes to work in the same pair of jeans virtually every day.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Mr Rocker, you are one deep thinker. And all that from the way she walks. *straightens up and sashays away*

    M2M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep thinker who go it wrong! See later post...

    ReplyDelete