Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Where did the Rockers go?


 He says....

Ahem, begging you pardons but it's been a rather hectic year. Being an extreme commuter up to March of last year, 157 flights during the 12 month period immediately prior and staring at lots of fluffy clouds from 35,000 feet gave me opportunity for lots of introspection and consequent hatching of half-baked crackpot home-made theories about sex, relationships and other crazy stuff. 

Recently though Mrs Rocker sent me an excerpt from a blog she follows which was just so mind-blowingly eloquent and insightful, 12 months of bumbling blogs trying to express how I feel about how relationships should be were just blown away by two remarkable paragraphs written by a remarkably savvy woman and it's inspired me to write again.... more about those two paragraphs probably in a later post.

But where has Mr Rocker been? In the previous 15 months, I walked away from an exciting international corporate scientific career that paid me USD260k a year but kept me festooned in an aeroplane and I retreated into a little business Mrs Rocker and I had bought some years back which at the time employed 3 people and turned over USD71k per year, and made no profit. In the following 15 months I built a factory producing something about which I knew absolutely zilch, have expanded the business in other areas and it is now turning over USD550,000 a year but which still according to my accountant makes no profit!. We've sent our kids to prestigious schools (don't tell my accountant), 1200km away. I've been to hell and back discovering the very real link between having no pay-check for the better part of a year and a man's feeling of self-worth and virility.

On the other hand, The Rockers have been total hooligans rediscovering how to have fun and laugh and cry, and they've have had the most mind-blowing sex- and not only with each other. We're different to how we were, but we're still the same in that we're still passionate and crazy about each other and wouldn't want to ever be apart. Oh boy what a ride it's been. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, and well done on taking such a brave step. Are you going to tell us what blog Mrs Rocker enjoys so much? I'm saying tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leah, I don't know how many posts I'll manage, but I've got some shit to get off my chest! So let's see how long that takes. You'll find the blog Mrs Rocker is glued to at fromnearthemoon.wordpress.com and the two amazing paragraphs to which I refer are in a post dated 17 April

    ReplyDelete