Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pride Politics

She says
You have already heard mention of my status as the Lioness.  Mr Rocker feels far more comfortable with this new label than calling me his Queen Bee, as he has in the past.  He is a remarkable man, and one that I very proud and grateful to call my husband but I do understand his retiscence  considering the killing of the drones and all of that other political stuff. He really does believe that life, love and everything else should centre around women and this is how he lives his life day to day. Which, leads me onto the Lions…



Lionesses enjoy a particularly enjoyable life as far as living in the wild goes.  Yes, they are responsible for tracking and aiding in the hunting but the rewards far outstrip the chores.  We all have chores that we would prefer not to do but hell, that’s life. In order to keep the young fed and the home(pride)life ticking over, we have to deal with the more mundane stuff.  Lionesses do however have the protection and the affection of the king of the wild, the strongest and most majestic of animals.

The sexual politics in the pride are very interesting – the lions fight over the lionesses, who, in turn, will mate with all the males that they deem good potential mates.  This is to ensure continuation of the pride, as the males are less likely to kill the young if their parentage is uncertain.  The continuation of their own bloodline is paramount to each male and they will fight to protect the entire pride including the lionesses and the young.  The females on the other hand play loose and free with their affections and will mate with most, if not all, the males in the pride.  What a wonderful position to be in -protection by all for doing what comes instinctively!

Now, I’m not suggesting that I be allowed to “mate” with every male in my community, but I do question whether monogamy is the natural order of things.  I also know that we are not animals in the strictest sense of the word, but, our physiology is not designed for intercourse for procreation only and you have to allow for intercourse for pure pleasure.  We have these wonderful things called clits and nipples that enjoy sensual attention as well as mammary functions. Why is it that the human female is able to be multi-orgasmic and the human male is not?  The answer is very simple in my mind – so that she can enjoy the attention of more than one male.

Lionesses are known to purr at low frequencies for extended periods of time, whilst lions roar more loudly but less frequently. Tells you something, doesn’t it?

4 comments:

  1. I tend to agree that monogamy is not natural, there are way too many hot chicks out there for it to be one man, one woman forever. It's a choice we make to prove our love and commitment. Wait, I think that means if you get married you should be committed..... hmmmm

    As for purring for extended periods of time, does that equate to nagging by women?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sista... makes me wanna screw a lion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as the purring is concerned, if she's nagging you my friend, you're doing something wrong....

    ReplyDelete