Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Getting there

She says...


The past month has been a tough one and I'm not sure that I ever want January 2011 back again.  The Rockers are now split across three different cities, Mr in one, the kids in another and me in a third. Totally ridiculous but the end is in sight.  Tomorrow is Mr Rocker's last working day at his current workplace and then he moves back to our home country full-time.  To say that I am excited about the prospect of waking up next to him every day is the understatement of the year.  He's been away for two weeks and tomorrow I get to see him for the first time.  I cannot wait to see him, I get butterflies in my tummy just thinking about my first glimpse of him.


We are both doing better and coming to grips with the emotional rollercoaster of sending our children away. The kids are doing well at their new schools and settling into the routine of boarding. At home, we're having to settle into the life of not having them around - I still rush home from work and when I get here I wonder what why I was racing to be home.  Makes no sense and I realise that it will take a little time for me to "unlearn" my "mom" behaviour as that has been fundamental to my life for the past 13 years.


We're going away this weekend, just Mr Rocker and I, to (try) have some fun and remind ourselves of how hedonistic life was before we had kids - dinners with friends, sleeping late, nursing hangovers, long boozey lunches and general "misbehaviour". Also going to see U2 in concert, it's been a long time since they played in Africa and as avid fans, we'll be behaving like wild teenagers - I will at least, Mr Rocker maybe not. 


We're trying to get rocking again, it's important to us and we really need to keep our readers coming back for more of our crackpot theories.  So watch this space, the Rockers are hoping to be back in full force soon.

1 comment:

  1. *applauding*

    Horray! I don't know what makes me happier - that you get to see the fabulous Mr. Rocker tomorrow or that I'm gonna get to hear about your hotel sex! ;)

    I just love you two to bits and I am glad that your January is over and that tomorrow begins anew.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete