Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Goddess has left

This week has just been one of those that has sapped all my energy. 

Work is hectic, I deal with endless queries and situations that no one either wants to or is able to resolve.  I have way too many direct reports who look to me to solve everything. Being the boss really isn't all it's cracked up to be..

We're trying to settle back into the school routine which requires mornings that are so early it's ludicrous.  And I'm NOT a morning person unless it's to have a bonk through bleary eyes!

Having issues with one my parents that makes me so angry I could spit, so disappointed that I have been let down yet again but more than anything, heartbroken that I'm back on the emotional rollercoaster that has been my life with this parent. 

Had couple of medical issues that have caught me completely off guard that I cannot ignore.

I have been feeling on top of the world - sexy, successful and invincible. Felt that at this age, I was finally getting a handle on all the different roles and responsibilities that I have to juggle. And then this. 

Now, I feel absolutely drained and have no interest in anything other than crawling into my bed and staying there.  If it sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself, indulge me here, this is my blog and maybe it will all sound a little less irrational if I put it out there.  Also, spare me the lecture on being grateful for all that I have and focussing on the positives.  I really could do without all of it. 

Unfortunately for most women this kind of juggling is an everyday thing. Sad outcome of it is that it makes us doubt ourselves - result: goodbye libido.  My desire and sensuality is so tied to my sense of self worth that when I can't solve all the issues dealt to me at times like this, I lose it. And I want it back. 

Feeling like a weakling does not a vixen make. 

1 comment: