Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

A weekend away with my blogging buddies?

The writer of one of the blogs I follow wrote a post about a weekend away with fellow bloggers. They had met face-to-face eventually and were going off for a fun weekend which included their spouses.  Sounds fun and I'm sure they had a wonderful time.  

Got me thinking about the blogs I follow on a regular basis and what would happen if we all got together for a weekend. You see, they're mostly from the Mommy blogging-world and tend to have a lot in common.  My blog "pen-pals" on the other hand are from such varied backgrounds that, besides the distances that separate us, I wonder what it would be like to meet you all in person.  One thing's for sure, we won't be drinking tea and eating cupcakes. The other thing I know for sure is that there is bound to be lots of stimulating conversation.  Our profiles are so varied that I wonder if, without the anonymity that we all hide behind, we would have anything in common?  About the only common thread I can find at this stage is sex.  Isn't that exciting?  Far better than shitty nappies and who has how many teeth! 

2 comments:

  1. I've done it. :) Meeting internet folk in person, go on holiday and some have become my bestest friends.

    BTW, it IS possible to discuss sex AND eat cupcakes. I've done it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, there's huge potential for making really good friends. I'd love to have dinner with some of the people I've met online. The secret is to find like-minded ones, so be careful where you surf...

    ReplyDelete