Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Friends

She says...


As you may be aware, I am somewhat traumatised by the separation from my children.  Please save me from re-hashing all those horrible feelings all over again as I've had to do so through countless telephone calls and cannot stand to do so again.  Read my previous post and save me some tears.


The last two days though have gone a long way toward restoring my faith in friendship.  I have always valued my friends and treasured their time but as in most things these days, the demands of life have taken their toll on my relationships with my girlfriends.  We have not kept in touch as much as we should have and I'm always regretful that I don't make time for them. Fact is though that we're all as busy as each other and while we mean to stay in touch and really do mean it when we say "we must get together for a coffee/drink" etc, we generally allow our friendships to slide down to the bottom of the list because there are just too many demands on our time.  I find that the friendships that I am best at maintaining at the moment are those that I can read - friends who have blogs or who email.  This is not because I don't want to chat to my friends face-to-face but because either we're on opposite sides of the globe or because the first opportunity I get to chat is well after any respectable person's bedtime.  I am very grateful for my blog buddies who are in different time zones as it means they're available when I'm finally ready to chill and catch up.


Mr Rocker is away at the moment.  He's bringing home to the bacon as usual but it means that at a time when we're both emotionally fragile we're apart.   It is not of his own choice, believe me.  


The past few days have restored my faith in friendship.  I have had friends call me up and offer me a drink, dinner or a bit of company and I am very touched by their efforts.  I could be out every night for the next fortnight if I accept the invitations!  Either I still look totally crap with swollen eyes or they genuinely care.  At this stage I'm choosing to believe that they care.  Thank you dear friends for the calls and the emails. You make me feel less alone in the world and if all the good karma you're sending out works, my kids should be settled and happy at school very soon and the Rockers will be right back in the saddle.


Lesson learnt, if you let people love you or help you, they will be there for you. 

1 comment:

  1. Heartwarming!

    You deserve great friends...

    Lots of love,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete