Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

The Long Silence

She says......

I am shocked to see how time has flown since my last post.  I ask myself, "so, Mrs Rocker, what has kept you silent for so long?”  The answer I'm afraid is neither sensationalist or emotional.  Pure fact, more like it - we've been travelling a lot and we've been damn busy.

New businesses are not for the faint-hearted and neither myself or Mr Rocker has had the time to be sprouting social theories.  We've had to focus on earning a living and making a worthwhile contribution to our long-term success.  It's been long hours in the office, periods of intense frustration but very positive too.  Following our long separation, being together daily has made all the stress worthwhile.  

The second, probably more shocking reason, is that I simply do not have much to write about.  I follow a number of blogs and all their writers state that they had an emotional need or quest that started and keeps them writing.  I started blogging because I was trying to find a better understanding of who I am in the world and whether there were actually other women like me - women who were unapologetically "women", who had a strong sense of themselves and above all, who are fundamentally sexual beings.  I found them.  It has been a wonderful discovery and I have settled down into a comfort zone fueled by brilliant and strong women - Ladylike Pervert, Cinful Cinnamon, ah the list goes on.  Their affirmation and interesting opinions have kept me thinking and questioning, when I have the time of course.  I have missed my blog buddies and have to admit to still checking their sites daily, even if I don’t get around to commenting.  You girls rock my world!  I’ve met a few interesting men online too and I’m happy that there are other women in the world who are married to strong, thinking men like Mr Rocker.

The Rockers are well and happy though.  We have settled into a good routine broken by much travel and some fantastic sexual encounters.  Is life good?  You bet.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the props sweetie! I miss you! I miss my blog! (I have a comp guy looking at it as we speak!)
    xoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to have you back. Pls don't say you're going to stop blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean lol I have only gotten back into the dirty blogging business again!

    ReplyDelete